It’s back! And the theme this year is ACCESSING DESIGN so get ready to unpack creativity in all its forms during this truly unique intersection of ideas, disciplines, people and installations.
The festival aims to:
- make design accessible and engaging to new audiences
- showcase work of designers, both emerging and established
- tackle design challenges and the future of design
- be inclusive, representative and cross-disciplinary
- champion process and experimentation, exploring the in-between and collaborative nature of design
“ACCESSING DESIGN seeks to promote responsive design that gives voice to diverse Sydney communities, and asks designers to broaden the definition of design and expand the dialogue between creative practice, access and inclusivity. ACCESSING DESIGN looks at various concerns including geography, race, gender, and socioeconomic issues. The Festival continues its commitment to Sydney-wide growth, looking beyond the central and established design districts, bringing visibility to new and emerging design areas across greater Sydney.”
“With an emphasis on the democratisation of design, the Sydney Design Festival is seeking a broad representation and involvement from both established and emerging design practitioners and interdisciplinary creative practices. ACCESSING DESIGN asks the design community to question and contemplate their creative practice:”
Taking place at several venues across Sydney between March 1- 10 check out – Sydney Design Festival for the highlights and full rundown.